My goal is to have you gain the necessary knowledge to compete better in this globalized marketplace and I believe I can help you with creating a solid foundation in English in order to create more opportunities for yourself. I grew up in California and am a native speaker of English. As someone who has had to learn other languages to create new opportunities I understand the challenges within improving oneself in a non-native tongue. Along with speaking English I also speak Portuguese and Spanish.
I'm an English teacher who currently resides in São Paulo,Brazil. Currently I split my time between working at a language school teaching English to business professionals. I hold a Bachelor's degree from California State University as well attended Pontificia Universidad Catolica both where I studied Business Administration as well as Latin American studies. Additionally I currently hold a certificate in TESOL (Teaching English as a secondary language)
I follow a simple yet effective methodology of the 3 P's Presentation,Practice, and Production where students are presented the material, we practice it together, and then they apply and present what they have learned backed to me. My focus is to have you gain confidence in your speaking as my primary objective so you can have the confidence to apply your knowledge to real world situations.
I require students to provide at least a 24 hour notice for cancellations of a single class. If multiple hours of classes are booked I am flexible with trying to reschedule our class at another time if the 24 hour notice is met.
If classes are canceled in less than 24 hours notice I will allow up to three passes and on the 4th you will be charged for not adhering to 24 hour notice for cancellations.
São Paulo, Brasil
English Teacher ELFE Idiomas São Paulo, Brazil 3/2019 – Present
• Present business material and engage students with questions.
• Practice material discussed with students in order to gain confidence in their abilities.
• Provide on the spot feedback during classes in order to correct learning mistakes.
• Evaluate students’ progress and provide necessary feedback.
Field Representative Knee Deep Brewing Company, Auburn, California 4/2017 – 9/2018
• Promoted companies portfolio of beers at beer festivals and bars
• Responded to technical beer questions and beer styles carried
• Provided trainings to new beertenders on sensory analysis and processes on how beers were made
• Evaluated draft beer for off-flavors reported by customers and reported to quality assurance lab
Sales Representative Sigue Money Transfer Services, Sacramento, California 7/2015 – 6/2016
• Educated, trained, and prepared business owners for becoming Sigue agents.
• Engaged, presented, and interacted with prospects on Sigue Services.
• Strategized and implemented new ways of acquiring agents in Northern California market.
Customer service Wholesale Solar, Mount Shasta, California 7/2013 – 1/2014
• Facilitated communication translating calls between Latin American clients and solar technicians
• Assisted prospective and current customers with solar project needs and inquiries over phone
Management and brewing trainee Ossett Brewery, West Yorkshire, England 1/2013 - 4/2013
• Familiarized with inventory protocol logistics; tracking stock, shipments, and accounts receivables
• Participated in warehouse logistics and delivery of products to established accounts
• Assisted in brewing, packaging, beer quality control, and cleaning of equipment.
Business Consultant IBOPE Inteligência, Miami, Florida 6/2012 - 10/2012
• Promoted and pitched market research services to companies in English and Portuguese
California State University Chico, Chico, California 5/2012
Bachelor of Arts in Latin American Studies
• Concentration in Politics and Economics of Latin America
• Completed three years of Business Administration course work
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Santiago, Chile 7/2010 - 6/2011
• Study abroad with focus in Business Administration coursework
• 120 Hour TESOL Certificate completed
Procura por aulas de inglês perto de sua casa? Nós te apresentamos uma lista seleta de professores que podem te ajudar. Superprof também oferece aulas de inglês - conversação se precisar. Aprender já não é mais problema, há aulas de inglês americano para todos os gostos! Encontrar aulas de inglês - compreensão oral nunca foi mais fácil: você vai adorar aprender.
|Na casa do professor||Casa do aluno||Por webcam|
|1 hora||Não disponível||Não disponível||R$60|
|5 horas||Não disponível||Não disponível||R$300|
|10 horas||Não disponível||Não disponível||R$600|