Sou bióloga formada pela USP, fiz PhD e pós-doutorado no Reino Unido. Gostaria de auxiliar o estudo escolar de alunos de escola bilingue. As aulas de reforço serão em ingles. Posso ensinar nas matérias de inglês, ciências e biologia.
I have a degree in biology from USP-Brazil, and a PhD from the UK, where I also worked as a posdoc. I would like to help bilingual school students. Reinforcement classes will be in English. I can help with English, science and biology subjects.
Tenho o intuito de auxiliar no estudo escolar previamente iniciado pelo aluno. No decorrer das aulas, este método poderá ser adaptado, garantindo a flexibilização no aprendizado.
I want to assist in the teaching method used by the bilingual school. During the lessons, this method can be adapted, making sure there is flexibility to improve the learning experience.
1. Profile summary
• Outstanding communication skills, being awarded 7 prizes.
• Wide experience in English and Biology.
• Knowledgeable in bilingual mentoring, having supervised students in both English (9 years in the UK) and Portuguese (7 years in Brazil).
2014 – 2017 Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Dundee, UK.
2009 – 2014 PhD in Plant Sciences, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, UK.
2006 – 2008 MSc in Genetics. University of São Paulo, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirão Preto, Department of Genetics – USP, Ribeirão Preto, Brazil.
2001 – 2004 BSc in Biological Sciences. University of São Paulo, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciências e Letras de Ribeirão Preto, Department of Biology – USP, Ribeirão Preto, Brazil.
2018 – 2019 Licentiate degree in Biological Sciences. University Cruzeiro do Sul and University of Franca, Brazil.
3. Teaching and mentoring experiences
• Participated in three outreach events with presentations on raspberry DNA extraction and GM technologies: the University of Dundee Open Doors Day (2016), the LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming) Farm Open Days at the JHI (Dundee, UK, 2011), the family fun day at the Dundee Botanic Garden (University of Dundee, 2011 and 2017).
• Demonstrated practical Molecular Biology classes (during BSc, MSc and PhD) in the University of Dundee (UK) and University of Sao Paulo (Brazil).
• Teacher Assistant Fellowship granted by the Teaching Improvement Program (PAE, Brazil) from August 2007 until November 2007. Grant awarded for supervised teaching training in didactic activities related to the Molecular Biology discipline.
• Mentor of Luiza Dantas (2015-2016) and Nikoleta Tzioutziou (2014-2017), both PhD students at the University of Dundee-UK and Ashley Reilly (2012), MSc student at The James Hutton Institute, Dundee, UK.
• Co-supervisor of Ann Maria Abraham (2010), High School student. 2010. Scholarship: Science Bursary Programme for Schools & Colleges - Nuffield Foundation.
• Peter Massalski Research Prize for Meritous Research.
• Future Leader Prize given by the Division of Plant Sciences, University of Dundee, 2015, UK.
• 3rd best Poster Prize at the SeqAhead Workshop, The TGAC, Norwich, UK, 2014.
• Poster Prize at the Pathways to Impact in Plant Science Meeting - University of Dundee, UK, 2012.
• 2nd best talk prize at the PhDs in the College of Life Sciences (PiCLS) retreat 2011, Newtonmore, UK.
• Best Work Award on Genetics, Evolution and Plant Optimization Area. 53° National Congress of Genetics, Águas de Lindóia, SP, Brazil, 2007.
• Honorable Mention. 12° International Symposium of Undergraduate Science of the University of São Paulo, 12ºSIICUSP. Ribeirão Preto, Brazil, 2004.
5. Additional information
• Published 15 scientific papers in journals such as Nature Genetics.
• Presented 17 talks for big audiences in International and National Conferences, including one talk as an invited speaker.
• Presented numerous seminars in Divisional and lab meeting, retreats and internal workshops during BSc, MSc, PhD and postdoc.
• Language skills: Portuguese (native) and English (fluent).
Procura por aulas de biologia perto de sua casa? Nós te apresentamos uma seleção de anúncios de profes que podem te ajudar.
|Na casa da professora||Casa do aluno||Por webcam|