Olá! I have been teaching English since 2004 and have an Ed.M in TESOL (Master's Degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). I have taught in the U.S.A. and abroad, to students of all ages and English levels and from numerous countries. I'm fluent in Spanish, learning Italian, and my students have taught me a few words in Portuguese. :) I'm also a published writer.
Some of the students I've had: university students, business executives, immigrants to the U.S.
Some of the places I've taught at/for: Boston University, Temple University, Google, Accenture, Berlitz, the Spanish government.
I love teaching, and I love helping my students reach their goals and take advantage of all the opportunities that learning English has to offer!
The first class I talk to students about their needs and learning goals. The first class for new students is 30 minutes and free.
In class, students are able to practice speaking A LOT. Language is always taught in context and grammar is always taught via conversation. I recommend websites and other materials for my students to use outside of class. I always send them detailed notes after class with a list of new words and corrections for their pronunciation and grammar mistakes. I also always laugh a lot with my students. Learning should be fun, and you are much more likely to learn a language when you enjoy learning it. :)
I use Skype and use the "share screen" feature to show my students documents, websites, videos, and to correct their writing with them.
Some more information about my classes:
- Speaking/listening, pronunciation and intonation, vocabulary, reading, and writing classes online
- Students of all English levels
- Classes are completely tailored to students' needs and goals.
- In conversation classes, we focus on fluency, accuracy, and comfort and confidence when speaking in English.
- For those interested in preparing for exams and lots of self-study materials, I provide all the materials.
- I also offer a class specifically designed to prepare for job interviews including sample interview questions and answers.
- I teach 6 days a week, from Sunday to Friday.
--- $16 / 30 minutes
--- $32 / 1 hour
--- $45 / prepared classes
--- $40 / interview preparation
--- $16 / 30 minutes (60 reales)
--- $32 / 1 hour (121 reales)
--- $45 / prepared classes (170 reales)
--- $40 / interview preparation (151 reales)
• Educator (Ed.M.) with fourteen years of experience teaching English to international and immigrant populations
• Outstanding intercultural and communication skills
ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTRUCTION IN THE UNITED STATES
English to Inspire You
Online English Teacher (November 2016-Present)
• Teach private conversation, interview, and test preparation classes to adults online
• Create materials for classes
• Edit and proofread students’ documents
Online English Teacher (September 2017-Present)
• Teach private conversation classes to adults online
• Create materials for classes
• Schedule new classes, fill out assessments, and send students follow-up notes
Berlitz Language Center, Philadelphia, PA and Boston, MA (Oct 2015-Present; Sep-Dec 2013; Mar-Jul 2010)
• Taught private classes to international students with a focus on cross-cultural communication
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA (Jan 2014–Oct 2015)
• Taught academic and creative writing, reading, listening, speaking, vocabulary, and test preparation courses to international students
• Wrote curricula for creative writing, academic vocabulary, and grammar classes, in addition to supplementary materials and assessments for all classes taught
• Offered feedback and taught students how to edit, copyedit, and proofread academic papers
• Assisted students post-class with issues related to the college admissions process, medical care, housing, travel, and acculturation
• Served as a mentor for undergraduate and graduate students doing their practicum
The Cambridge Community Learning Center, Cambridge, MA (Feb 2013–Jun 2013)
• Taught ESOL to adult immigrants and refugees
• Planned classes to meet and exceed the accrediting guidelines
• Instructed students in the use of community resources
Boston University Center for English Language and Orientation Programs, Boston, MA (Sep 2012–Apr 2013)
• Instructed international English students in academic and general English classes
• Implemented alternative teaching techniques in the instruction of a visually impaired student
The Cambridge Center for Adult Education, Cambridge, MA (Jun 2012–Jun 2013; Aug 2010–Jul 2011)
• Instructed as well as wrote curricula, assessments, and supplementary materials for English classes for immigrants and international students
• Mentored a teaching assistant
• Provided assistance to students post-class regarding issues of immigration and acculturation
Joseph A. Browne Middle School, Chelsea, MA (Sep 2011–Apr 2012)
• Instructed 7th grade English language learners based upon Common Core State Standards
• Developed all curricula for reading and creative and academic writing classes with a focus on culturally diverse experiences
• Worked with students to edit their collection of writing for the class book
Nationalities Service Center, Philadelphia, PA (Dec 2009–Mar 2010; Sep 2004–Jun 2005) Volunteer
• Team-taught and individually taught group classes for immigrants and refugees
• Mentored a teaching assistant
ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTRUCTION ABROAD
Private Classes and Face to Face Personal English Trainers, Madrid, Spain (2007-2009)
• Developed all teaching and advertising materials for my own teaching business
• Taught experiential private English classes to elementary school children at a language school
Instituto Cultural Argentino Norteamericano, Buenos Aires, Argentina (summer 2007)
• Taught private and group classes at the school and at Google
Colegio Williams de Cuernavaca, Cuernavaca, Mexico (summer 2007)
Librarian and EFL Teacher
• Catalogued library materials and answered students’ inquiries
• Substituted at the elementary school
One to One Language Academy, Madrid, Spain (2005-2007)
• Taught English classes for the Ministry of Defense and Social Security of Madrid
• Taught and wrote all supplementary materials for English classes for executives at ING, Indra, and Accenture, as well as for group classes for students ages 5-18 at the academy
Writer, Freelance (2004-Present)
• Nikolas and the Misfit Shapes Find Their Place; a children’s picture book
• The Life of Zerah; a spiritual allegory for adults and young adults
• “What’s the Secret?” Language Magazine, Oct 2016: pp.19-20
• Additional publications on Medium.
Master of Education in TESOL with certification in grades 5-12 May, 2012
Boston University, Boston, MA
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults, Cambridge ESOL August, 2005
International House, Madrid, Spain
Bachelor of Arts in History, Minor in Hebrew and Judaic Studies May, 1999
Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
SKILLS AND ACTIVITIES
● Spanish (proficient); Italian (beginner)
● Microsoft Office Word and Powerpoint; Microsoft Windows; Destiny One
● International travel: Argentina, Canada, Costa Rica, Denmark, England, France, Israel, Italy, Mexico,
Morocco, Portugal, Scotland, Spain
● Member of TESOL and the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
Procura por aulas de inglês perto de sua casa? Nós te apresentamos uma seleção de anúncios de profes que podem te ajudar. Superprof também oferece aulas de inglês - conversação se precisar. Aprender já não é mais problema, há aulas de inglês americano para todos os gostos! Encontrar aulas de inglês - compreensão oral nunca foi mais fácil: você vai adorar aprender.
|Na casa da professora||Casa do aluno||Por webcam|
|1 hora||Não disponível||Não disponível||R$121|